The Kerbal engineers got to work and created a plane, they took their inspiration from a paper dart they created the week before. Amazingly the plane flew.
We had a contract to test the Weasley engine at certain height and speed. We reached 10k fairly easily but the speed was simply unobtainable even when diving straight down. We tried a few variants of this model in an effort to get the speed:
But it didn’t matter what we tried it just didn’t work. Then Werner had a brainwave. The contract didn’t say it had to be tested on a plane. We could test the engine on a rocket!
Job done! we got the cash and Werner realised that the windgs we made for the plane could be modified on a rocket allowing us to use the more powerful (and lighter) reliant engine and still steer. A stroke of genius…